We are very happy to have a new opening at MERL in the area of signal acquisition and sensing. MERL is a stimulating place to work with very talented staff and great research output. One of the few industrial research labs still encouraging fundamental research, engagement with the academic community and publication of our results. We are looking for very talented individuals who can contribute to our environment. The posting for our position follows and you can also find it on MERL’s website:
MM2 – Multimedia / Member Research Staff – Signal Processing
MERL invites applications for an exceptional researcher in the signal processing area, with a particular emphasis on signal acquisition and active sensing technologies. Applicants are expected to hold a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field. Candidates at all levels of experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will have an extensive signal processing background and experience with sampling, array processing and signal acquisition technologies. Familiarity with related techniques such as compressive sensing and convex optimization is expected, and specific experience with signal acquisition via ultrasonic, radio, optical, or other sensing modalities is highly preferred. Applicants must have a strong publication record in these areas demonstrating novel research achievements.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Conduct innovative research on active sensing and signal acquisition technologies;
- Propose new research directions in the signal processing area and collaborate with others in an inter-disciplinary and open work environment;
- Publish results in major international conferences and peer-reviewed journals, and maintain a presence in the academic community;
- Prepare patent disclosures on newly developed work and assist legal department in finalizing patent applications; and
- Assist in the transfer of developed technology to the R&D labs of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.